Perspectives 2022: the best dental studies
Jagiellonian University is the best academic university in Poland, and the best dental studies are conducted by the Jagiellonian University's Collegium Medicum, according to the just-published Perspektywy 2022 ranking.
The Perspektywy 2022 Ranking of Higher Education Institutions is actually four rankings reflecting the different missions performed by Polish universities. These are:
– Ranking of Academic Universities – including almost 100 higher education institutions (excluding art schools) with the right to confer a doctoral degree,
– Ranking of Non-Public Higher Education Institutions – including almost 50 non-public higher education institutions authorized to educate at least at the master's level,
– Ranking of Public Vocational Universities – including 20 public universities specializing in education at the practical level,
– Ranking of majors – covering 71 majors, including a separate Ranking of Medical Studies and Ranking of Engineering Studies.
Jagiellonian University the best academic university
In the Perspektywy 2022 Ranking of Higher Education Institutions, Jagiellonian University is the best academic institution in Poland, minimally ahead of Warsaw University. In third place is the Warsaw University of Technology, and in fourth place is the Adam Mickiewicz University in Warsaw. Adama Mickiewicza.
Among non-public universities, the first place is traditionally occupied by the Leon Koźmiński Academy in Warsaw, and the Leon Koźmiński State University in Warsaw (82 points). Pope John Paul II University in Biala Podlaska is the best public vocational university.
Best dental studies? In Cracow
The Perspektywy 2022 Ranking of Study Directions also includes dental studies. In creating this ranking, 11 to 13 indicators grouped into six criteria are taken into account. The different weights of each criterion – depending on the specifics of the course. These include prestige, fate of graduates in the labor market, academic potential, teaching potential, scientific potential and internationalization.
Thus, in the case of dental studies, the most points were awarded to those conducted by Collegium Medicum UJ in Krakow (100 points.) ahead of the Medical University of Poznan (82.5 points.) and the Medical University of Wroclaw (75.1 points.). Further places were occupied by dental studies conducted by the Medical University of Warsaw, the Medical University of Lublin, the Medical University of Bialystok, the Medical University of Gdansk, the Medical University of Lodz, the Pomeranian Medical University in Szczecin and the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice.
– Classes that can be conducted remotely are organized in this way. On the other hand, teaching dentistry requires practical classes, and that's what we are organizing – says in an interview with Dentonet prof. dr hab. n. med. Dorota Olczak-Kowalczyk, dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at Warsaw Medical University.